Thursday, July 23, 2009

Nothing new and exciting

Well, other than my week long trip up at the end of June... no fishin reports to be had. I only managed to get out a few times due to the weather that week, the hex hatch was slow at best in that area on the days the weather cooperated. Other than a few planter bows and browns here and there, there wasn't anything worth reporting on other than the nice 20 or so inch brownie that I took below Tippy one night on a size 20 adams, biggest fish i've ever caught on that small of a fly. Due to the cooler weather that week, Skemania WERE being caught, only heard of a few though, but I did see one nice fresh chromer do a little jumpin around, chasin crayfish or something I assume. I haven't been out since then unfortunately, been busy with work and working around the house... in other words, life is getting in the way again.

I did however atleast get out last week and paddle a few miles on the huron river down here with Levi, we planned on going today, but the weather didn't cooperate once again for me. So we wasted a day by bummin around down to Cabella's then Colton Bay Outfitter's, no money to spend, but nice to go and dream at least.I would like to get up for a day and a half next week, but who knows, I'll have to see what's going on at that point.

Until next time... good luck and tight lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment