Sunday, June 14, 2009

Pre-report post

Been wayyy too long since I've been out in a stream, but fortunately I'm heading up Tuesday night until Thursday night. Going up to Glennie to see the family and what not, but I definately will be hitting up Commins Flats wednesday for the morning, then head back to the property and do some work for dad or grampa, whoever wins the fight over my labor. Ordered myself a couple birthday presents from Cabela's last week, nice little gear bag, a couple dry pouches and a 3 in 1 back/chest/waist pack, that'll be awesome come salmon slammin time. Also call up Andy at the fly shop and had him throw me together what I was missing and short of for this upcoming trip, so now I am well stocked up on iso's hex's brown drakes, sulphurs, along with my already buldging assortment of fake food. i'm really looking forward to this run, and hopefully the river gods are playing in my favor, it would make a nice birthday present for myself.

After this little weekend run, the next time I'll get up is gonna be a good one, managed to get a few days off right before the 4th, hoping to get into some Hex's still, and just all around get out and do some quality fishing. I'll be heading up Saturday night of the 27th and staying until the morning of Friday the 3rd, a definate well deserved and much need vacation. Trying to figure out details of a 3 day late july run up with Andy as well, would be nice, since he's the only other nut that I fish with that will fish to the extremes and beyond that I like to fish.

I'll definately post pics and report as soon as I return from this little run, I've gotta go get some more leaders and maybe tippett material, but other than that, I'm ready to roll!

good luck, tight lines to all

No comments:

Post a Comment