Friday, November 6, 2009

Huron River Report 11/05

Hit the Huron for a few hours with Jay yesterday morning, started off right below the coffer. Began by throwing spawn under a rag on a drift rig with no luck, after a short while I ended up with a nice fish hooked up, had a nice couple minute fight before breaking me off in the rocks. Had one more quick hookup with a headshake that threw me back a crushed spawn bag. Moved downstream, fished cranks for a bit, pulled some tackle out of the river and fowl hooked a carp right in the face with a tadpolly. Switch over to drifting waxies under a float, wasn't long fishing that setup before I had a miss and then a few minutes later I hooked up with this nice hen.




Had to pack it up for the day after that, unfortunately I think i'm pretty much done fishing until I'm back up north after the 13th, I've got a few trips lined up for the 10 days that I'll be up there. Can't wait to get into some AuSable chromers! 9 DAYS UNTIL OPENING DAY OF GUN SEASON!

No comments:

Post a Comment