Tuesday, February 17, 2009

TRIED to fish last Thursday...

Well, I knew it would only be a small open window of opportunity last week. I knew the water was rising quickly as of wednesday judging by the gages, but since I had school and other stuff I needed to take care of before work, I wasn't able to get down to the river til Thursday morning and by then it was completley blown out, few feet high actually. Trees, ice flows, ice bergs and other debris shootin down stream. I still couldn't resist the opportunity to throw a few flies, but I sure as hell wasn't getting in that water, I wish I hadn't forgotten the camera, definatley cool to see the river rippin that quick. I'm hoping to get on the hard water or maybe back down to the river this sunday, but I'm not sure yet with the new job and all. I do know I am definately looking forward to the upcoming midwest fly fishing expo on march 7th and 8th, doubt i'll hit outdooramma this year, but we shall see.

good luck out there, catch some fish, stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment