Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Rod holders!

Spent some time wisely at work tonight...

I'm tired of the chincy wire/rod- rod holders, So I came up with something better (hopefully) was gonna go with aluminum, but it was too light when completed, so I made it from mild steel and SS tubing. they've got some heft to them, a little extra weight to haul out with me, but it's not gonna flip forward if and when a big fish hits. notched out just right to hold in most standard ice rods a sifficiant ammount without falling out or being pulled out during hard hits. Also i made them the perfect height for when one is sitting in the standard fold out hunting seats, or bucket seats that most ice fishers use.

Thinking about selling them on a order by order basis depending on the feedback I receive.

would love to try them out in the morning, but i'll probably stay home today, it's a school day. But Thursday I would like to get back out and give it a shot to see how they work. I have a feeling they're just what I've been looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment