Monday, January 12, 2009

This weekend's fishing

First blog post here people, hope you enjoy whats to come.


Well, after a little debating amongst myself, buza and I decided to go hit the huron for some chrome saturday night, other than each of us getting one bite a piece, we had no luck, i was drifting waxies on albino jigs 4ft under a float, and he was throwin tots, the river was up about a foot or so, and running fast, lots of slush in the river,but no ice. fished from about 7pm-830ish. I will be back this week.

Sunday afternoon we decided to head down to try a new place in monroe county, a small inland lake. The whole crew was there just about... Ashley, Buza, Manda, Cady, Tree, Dave, and myself. Set one tip-up in the water bout 5ft off of the bottom in about 12fow, it was tripped a couple times throughtout the afternoon, but nothing was ever on it. I ended up catchin 12 dink blue gills, ashley caught 7 or 8(she's gonna be better at this ice fishin thing than me some day), then we had to leave for my sister's b-day dinner. everyone was catching fish down there, guy fishing near us said he had caught 40 throughout the day, but all dinks as well he had told dave. they all stayed for a while after we left and fished some more, it shut off after dark except for the girls fishing in the shanty with the lantern, the light definately seemed to continue bringing them in dave and tree said. Waxies on small tear drops were the ticket,no weight, no bobber, just when the line started to move, giver it a yank. As ashley and I were leaving, I went to pull my tip-up and as soon as iI lifted up on it,the flag shot off, i grabbed the line and pulled up a beautiful 3ish pound largemouth, made my night because i just wanted to catch one more before iI left, and I caught the biggest fish of the day:) definately a great few hours of fishing that everyone seemed to enjoy, im glad i was able to turn us all onto the spot, im sure we'll definately be going back there soon! Wish we would've gotten more pics, but we were busy catchin fish, maybe next time.
-Zach

No comments:

Post a Comment